Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On-line Photo Books - A summary of experiences!

Having a toddler at home, as well as a digital camera, makes me an ideal candidate to try out the many different On Line Photo Book generators that are being hyped through SPAM mail to my inbox on a daily basis.

So far, I have have great results from:
1) Apple.com's photo book software. The pictures in the book I received, by mail, a week later, were beautifully clear, sharp and true to color and it accepted my low-res pics from my 5 year old camera.
2) SnapFish photo books were of a leser quality than Apple, but also a lesser price. Some of my Low-res pics were flagged a "too low" for them to process and they came out blurry in the final book, to my great chagrin, since they weren't as blurry online when I was editing them. I used MYCOKEREWARDS points to lessen the price and try them out, otherwise, the cost is a flat rate of about $21 plus $1 per page extra you add, which can add up quickly in my world!
3) Hallmark Gallery photo books, like snapfish were lsightly lesser quality than Apple, but very nice, still. Both Hallmark & Snapfish allow you some choices in backgrounds and cover colors, although I didn't think the variety was quite as good as Apple's.
4) MyPublisher.com Like SnapFish, easy to use, again not as quality as Apple. Binding was a bit weaker on this one, but I only made a thin book.
5) KodakGallery.com I encountered glitches using this one
6) Shutterfly.com: I have not tried this one yet! I'll update this post when I do!
7) SmileBox.com- looks amazing from what I saw, but I have not tried it yet. Lots of cool graphics seem to be available for use, so that's an improvement! I'll update this post when I try it!
That's all for now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very helpful info, thanks. Also, I tagged you!
“Six Random Things” meme.

Here are the rules for Six Random Things:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

That’s it for the meme — of course, there’s no obligation to do it — only do it if you want to.

Happy new year - Marci Dressler

John Sexton said...

Interesting. Are all of them in the same comparative price range? Should I read my spam to find out??

Hilary Hertzoff said...

I haven't explored online photo books, being content with flickr, but this is very good information to have.